USA TODAY bestselling author Sophie Barnes writes historical romance novels in which the characters break away from social expectations in their quest for happiness and love. Having written for Avon, an imprint of Harper Collins, her books have been published internationally in eight languages. With a fondness for travel, Sophie has lived in six countries, on three continents, and speaks English, Danish, French, Spanish, and Romanian with varying degrees of fluency. Ever the romantic, she married the same man three times—in three different countries and in three different dresses.
When she’s not busy dreaming up her next swoon worthy romance novel, Sophie enjoys spending time with her family, practicing yoga, baking, gardening, watching romantic comedies and, of course, reading.
For all the latest releases, promotions, and exclusive story updates, subscribe to Sophie Barnes’ newsletter today!
Other facts about Sophie
- She took tap dancing lessons from the age of six until the age of ten.
- As a child, she used to dream of becoming a gymnast or a figure skater.
- She loves board games – especially Carcasonne, Bohnansa and Puerto Rico
- Her favorite ‘costume movie’ is Gone with the Wind.
- As much as she’s always enjoyed writing, it was never something that she thought she’d make a career of, but rather something she imagined would make a good hobby one day. Fortunately, her opinion about that has changed.
- She used to love acting and has played both the wicked witch in a Snow White pantomime, Adriana in Shakespeare’s A Comedy of Errors and an old, dying woman in Oliver Twist.
- Of all the countries she’s ever traveled to, her favorites are New Zealand and Mallorca. She hopes one day to visit Greece, Norway and Japan.
- She loooooooooooves Tiramisu and Creme Brulee.
- Her favorite art museums are, Musee D’Orsay in Paris and Glyptoteket in Copenhagen.
- She spent ten years of her childhood in the south of Spain.
- As far as theatrical performances go, her favorites are: The Phantom of the Opera and The Magic Flute.
- Her favorite movies are: Sabrina, The Princess Bride, To Catch a Thief, Somewhere in Time and My Fair Lady.
- Sophie loves Christmas, especially in Scandinavia where it’s the biggest holiday of the year.
- While quarantined during the 2020 pandemic she taught herself how to knit socks.
- She writes a minimum of 2000 words per day. Except on weekends which are reserved for family.